The Cavalcade is supposed to be a week of getting away from the normal hustle and bustle! An opportunity to see new country, catch up with old friends and meet new ones. An environment like ‘the good old days’ before we were all so tightly constrained by political correctness movement!
That being said – this is NOT an event for first timers in the outdoors. Before you come on the Cavalcade we expect you to be relatively experienced in the activity you are signing up for – Here’s some expectations. Click here for the Expectations of participating Cavalcaders.
Click here for the Host Town paddocking maps.
Click here for the Parade Route.
PRINT OUT THESE LISTS
Got your boots? Check. Got ya trail mix? Check. Here are a few handy lists.
Cavalcade health and safety plan – yes we have one! You are all probably used to these by now in your own places of work.
Want to know what we’re up to on a daily basis? Follow us on facebook.
Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust
General Code of Conduct
All participants involved with Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust (OGHT) activities, including the Goldfields Cavalcade, must meet the following requirements in regard to their conduct and behaviour:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
- Be reliable, respectful.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility, especially when dealing with younger people, as your words and actions are an example.
- Refrain from any form of harassment of others.
- Refrain from any behaviour that may bring the OGHT or the Cavalcade into disrepute.
- Ensure a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
- Be a positive role model.
- Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of this Code of Conduct. (See health and safety documentation for the relevant Complaints Policy and Procedures.)
Goldfields Cavalcade Cancellation Policy:
Amended July 2021 to take into account special circumstances around Covid 19.
If the Goldfields Cavalcade should be cancelled for any reason (for example extreme fire risk, terror attack, pandemic …) We will process refunds minus all reasonable expenses paid out by the OGHT and Host Town. (This is to ensure the Goldfields Cavalcade can pay their contractors and trail organising expenses for work already completed. Thus ensuring the Cavalcade can come back the following year.)
- If you have ordered merchandise but it has not been printed and delivered to the OGHT then you will get 100% of your merchandise fees returned.
- If you have ordered merchandise and it has been printed and delivered to the OGHT we will get it to you. Zero refund on merchandise in this instance.
- If the cancellation happens within days of the Cavalcade and Caterers have already purchased supplies, some or all of these food costs will need to be deducted from your refundable amount.
Covid Level’s Influencing Cancellation. In Level 1 we can proceed as usual. In level 2 we can proceed as usual through the week but the parade and end day celebrations may be impacted or cancelled. In level 3 or 4 we would need to cancel the Cavalcade. (Please note – these guidelines are subject to change by the Government at any time)
If the Goldfields Cavalcade is proceeding as planned but you need to withdraw your entry for any reason:
- You will be refunded your entry fees less $55 for withdrawals before 1st February 2021.
- Refunds after this date at the discretion of the Organisers. As the date of withdrawal gets closer to the event there will be less money able to be refunded as the majority of costs may have already been incurred.